there are many different settings available on Windows 10 to help extend battery life. Today we will discuss Change Power and Sleep Settings in Windows 10, type power box and select power and sleep settings here where you can find time controls to turn off only the screen or to put your PC to sleep mode You can do both or when your computer is running, on the battery and when plugged in a setting of more than one minute until there is never one hour for the amount of time.
the settings are the same as the power sleep settings but you can also adjust the brightness level and choose what the power button does and choose what closes the lid, and has the exact same setting option.
Quick Steps to Change Power and Sleep Settings on Windows 10
Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10 from the Control Panel
- Right-click on the power / battery icon> Power Options.
- Click Create a power plan.
- Click the existing power plan to base the new plan, then type the name of the plan you want and then click Next.
- Click Create.
- After that your new custom power package is now your current active package. Click on package settings to make the changes you want to the new custom power package. Read also: How to Disable Hibernate Windows 10
How to Sleep Windows 10 PC
- Open power option:
● For Windows 10, select Start> Settings> System> Power & sleep> Additional power settings.
- Do one of the following:
● If you use a laptop, select Select what the power button does. Next, to press the power button> Sleep> Save changes.
● If you only use a laptop, choose what is not closed. then select Sleep and then select Save changes.
- When you are ready to make your PC sleep, just press the power button on your laptop, or close the cover of your laptop.
It uses very little power, your PC starts faster, and you go back to where you left off. So no need to worry that you will lose your job because it runs out of battery because Windows automatically saves all your work and turns off the PC if the battery is too low.
I hope the method above can help you How to Change the Change Power and Sleep Settings in Windows 10 but if you still have questions, you can write in the comments section.