Application Settings in Windows 10 is the classic Control Panel feature everyone knows. Microsoft intends to stop the Control Panel all settings will be moved to the new Settings application and this is the reason why Microsoft moved many settings and options from the classic Control Panel to the new Settings application in Windows 10.
This arrangement is clearly an improvement over the Control Panel because the design is clear and the settings are very well organized. Most settings are easily accessible, especially the new Settings application is very easy to use on touch devices.
There are many ways to launch the Settings application in Windows 10, Windows 10 does not offer an easy way to create Settings application shortcuts on the desktop. When you right-click on the Settings icon on the Start menu, you only get the Pin option to Start and Pin to the taskbar.
If you like to have desktop shortcuts for setup applications, we will provide a simple method for how to Create Custom Desktop Shortcuts For Windows 10 Settings, follow the steps below:
How to Make Custom Desktop Shortcuts for Windows 10 Settings
- Right-click your mouse in any blank place on the Windows 10 Desktop screen. Then click New> Shortcut.
- Select one of the ms-setting commands listed below and type in the input box. For example, to go to Windows Update settings, type ms-settings: windowsupdate in the box that says Type location of item.
- Then click Next, and name it a shortcut, and click Finish.
To change the icon
Because newly created shortcuts don’t display fancy icons, you might want to use a more fancy, nice icon or the right icon from the Settings app. To change the icon, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the newly created Settings application shortcut and click Properties to open its properties.
- Then here, under the Web Documents tab, you will see the Change Icon button. Click the same to select one of the icons sent by Windows 10, and click OK, then click Apply.
- If you want to use the icon that you have downloaded from the internet, please click the Browse button, browse the file icon, select the icon file and then click the Open button.
Hopefully the method above can help you on how to Create Custom Desktop Shortcuts For Windows 10 Settings. If you have a problem, fill in the comments column that we have provided.