This article discusses how to defer upgrades in Windows 10. If you use Windows 10 Professional, Education or Enterprise editions, you will get the “Postpone upgrade” option for Windows Update. When the Upgrade option is postponed is selected, the new Windows feature will not be downloaded or installed for several months but does not affect security updates through. Below is a simple method for deferring upgrades in Windows 10. Follow so that your problem is resolved. Recommended Post: How to Enable Virtualization in Windows 10
How to defer upgrades in Windows 10
1. On your device Go to Settings> Update & security.
2. Then click Advanced Options.
3. Check the box, Delay Upgrade.
4. If you don’t see the Postpone upgrade option, you are using an unsupported Windows 10 Home. The only way to have this option is, you need to update Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education. If this method doesn’t work you can try the next method below:
Delay improvements on Windows 10 by tweaking the Registry
- Open and Download the Registry Editor application.
- Unlock the Registry below. The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WindowsUpdate \ UX \ settings.
- On the right, change the following 32Bit DWORD value (Note: Even if you are running Windows 64bit, you must create a 32bit DWORD value):
BranchReadinessLevel – determines the level of readiness of the branch. To set it to “Current Branch“, set the data value to 10 in hexadecimal. For “Branches for Business“, set the data value to 20 in hexadecimal.
- To set a hold period for several days for feature updates, change the following DWORD value: DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodInDays and set it to the desired number of days in decimal.
- Then To set a hold period of several months for quality updates, change the DWORD DeferQualityUpdatesPeriodInDays value and then set it to the desired number of days in decimals. And done.
Hopefully the method above can help you to overcome the problem of how to defer upgrades in Windows 10. If there is something you want to ask, please fill in the comment commolent that we have provided.