When you don’t use a microphone, it’s always a good idea to turn off the microphone. By deactivating the microphone, you can restrict any software or application to spy on your conversions. If you are wondering, this is a simple method of how to Disable Microphone Windows 10.
There are three methods for disabling the microphone in Windows 10. I will show all
Disable Microphone Using the Control Panel
Or, you can also deactivate the microphone using the Sound option in the Control Panel.
- Write on the Search Computer Control Panel click the start and open menu.
- In the Control Panel menu, find the “Sound” option and then click.
- The action above will open the Sound Settings window. Here, navigate to the “Records” tab, then find the microphone, right-click and select the “Disable” option.
You have disabled the microphone using the Control Panel.If you want to activate the microphone in the future, right-click and select “Activate”. Read Also: Help with User Account Control in Windows 10
Disable Microphone Using Device Manager
- To get started, look for Device Manager on the Start and open menu. Or, you can also open it by typing “devmgmt.msc” in the Run Windows + R dialog box and the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager menu, expand the “Audio Input and Output” section
- Then right-click on your microphone and select the “Disable device” option.
If you want to activate the microphone, just select “Activate the device” from the right-click menu and you are ready to do so. And conversely, if you want to turn it off again, select turn it off.
Disable Microphones for Individual Applications on Windows 10
- Click / tap Change your Device settings.
- Click Privacy.
- Click on the Microphone.
- Then turn the option to “Let the application use my microphone” to life.
- Find the application you want to turn microphone services on and off and slide the slider to the right to turn it on or to the left to turn it off. (See the picture below)
- To deactivate the microphone service for all applications, turn the option to “Let the application use my Webcam” to Off. And done. Read Also: Fix Connections to Bluetooth Audio Devices and Wireless Displays in Windows 10
- When finished, you can close the PC settings if you want.
This article is about How disable microphone windows 10? If you experience difficulties, please write in the comments column. Hopefully this article can help you