I will provide steps about Get help with Notepad in Windows 10 with a simple method.
Read Also: Open the Windows 10 Disk Management Tool
Notepad is a utility that allows you to create and edit XML documents quickly and simply. With this tool, your XML knowledge structure is displayed in a diagram during the tree structure. The interface presents two panels: one for structure, and one for value. You can add components, attributes, comments, and textual content to an XML document by creating a tree in the left pane and entering values in the text content box that matches the appropriate panel.
How to open Notepad on Windows 10
To open Notepad, search for “notepad” on the search icon on your device so you can find it.
How to use Notepad to create XML documents
- Change Root_Element to Catalog and Child_Element to Book, and add attributes and three child elements to the child Book element. NOTE: When you enter the following values, do not enter quotes. XML Notepad inserts it for you because your XML document requires it.
- To insert attributes for Books, right-click Books, point to Insert, and then click Attributes. Next to the cube icon, type ID. To insert a value for this attribute, highlight ID and type Bk101 in the appropriate text box in the Value panel.
- To insert child elements for Books, right-click the folder icon next to Books, point to Insert, and click Element Children. A leaf icon appears. Type the Author next to this icon, and then type Gambardella, Matthew in the appropriate text box in the Value panel.
- Add two more child elements: Title and Genre. Type the XML Developer Guide and
The computer in the appropriate text box in the Value panel.
● To add the Book child element to the Root node, right-click the existing Book element and click Duplicate. Fill in the required value.
● To add text to an existing element, highlight the node that you want to add the text node to. On the Insert menu, click Text.
● To add a comment to an existing element, highlight the node after that or where you want to enter the comment. On the Insert menu, click Comment. If the highlighted node is expanded, comments are entered in the highlighted node. If the highlighted node is collapsed, comments are entered after the highlighted node.
- To change the type of node, highlight the node you want to change. On the Tools menu, hover the mouse to Change To and click the appropriate type on your desktop or device.
NOTE: You cannot change the type of root node or node with children.
- To view the XML document source, click on the View menu, then click Source. The sample output resembles the following:
<book id = “bk101”>
<author> Gambardella, Matthew </ author>
<title> XML Developer Guide </ title>
<genre> Computer </ genre>
<! – Comment1 ->
<book id = “bk102”>
<! – Comment2 ->
<author> Ralls, Kim </ author>
<title> Midnight Rain </ title>
<genre> Fantasy </ genre>
Note: the message at the bottom of the View window:XML definitions are currently formed correctly. Also, note that XML declarations or processing instructions must be added with an external editor, similar to Notepad. Read Also: Open the Windows 10 Disk Management Tool
How to delete Notepad ++
- Open Settings. press the Windows key + I> Application on the keyboard of your device.
- In Applications & features, scroll down and find Notepad ++. Click the icon> Uninstall.
Get help with Notepad on Windows 10 line numbers and char count.
Get help with notepad on Windows 10 Font
This article is about how to get help with Notepad in Windows 10. This method is indeed a bit complicated. If you experience difficulties, please write in the comments column. Hopefully, this article can help you.