Your Desktop problem must be uncomfortable because it’s too small to see or too big to fit into your screen. The desktop of a multi-tasking technician is usually full of various application icons, folders and files. Maybe, these icons can occupy the entire screen and make it look messy and dense.
In some other scenarios, the user may feel tension in the eye while looking at the small icon. Don’t worry Windows 10 lets you change the size of the icon to your convenience. Not only desktop icons but also icons in the taskbar and file explorer can be enlarged or reduced in size. In this article, we will provide a simple method of How to Change Icon Size in Windows 10.
Use the Ctrl key and scroll your mouse
This is the simplest way to increase and decrease the size of your icon:
- Press your Ctrl key and scroll up to increase the size of the icon.
- Press your Ctrl key and scroll down to make the icon smaller. If it doesn’t work, you can try the next method below.
change the size of the icon from your Settings
- Right-click freely in an empty area on your desktop and select Display settings.
- You can immediately change the scaling to 125% from this list:
- If you want more size options, just click on custom scaling.
- Enter a number between 100 and 500, will be a scaling percentage. And then click the Apply button.
- You will be advised to exit and enter again so that changes occur. You can do this by right-clicking the start button> Turn off or exit> exit. You just need to log in again.
Ctrl + Scroll
Press the Ctrl key on your keyboard and scrol the mouse wheel simultaneously to increase or decrease the size of the desktop icon.
• Press on the Ctrl + Wheel up keyboard to increase size.
• Then press Ctrl + Wheel down to reduce the size.
Steps to resize Icons File Explorer in Windows 10
The file and folder icons in file explorer can be seen as large, medium or small icons and they can also be arranged in various ways.
Open File Explorer
File explorer contains 4 tabs at the top, namely File, Home, Share and View.
- File tab has the option to open or close a new window or command prompt in a specific folder in your windows.
- The Home tab contains tools for quick operations including cutting, copying, pasting, deleting.
- The Share tab is used to share, send email, or burn files.
- Look at the tab giving you the option to choose what and how to display in file explorer.
Hopefully the steps above can help solve your problem about How to Change Icon Size in Windows 10. If you have a question, please fill in the comment comic we provide, thank you.