I will discuss and provide a simple method for how to check for updates in Windows 10.
Updates are very important for operating systems because they will maintain their security at the right level. In addition, they often present new features and enhancements that are so cool. By default, Windows 10 is configured to automatically check for updates, download and install them. However, you can set the clock on your windows to notify your operating system when you don’t want your computer to reboot. But you might want to check for updates, download them, and install them immediately. Why? Maybe, if you know that the next hour you only have a measurable internet connection and it’s not convenient for you to download and install updates. For example, when you plan to travel by car and use your cellular data instead of unlimited packages in your home. Let’s look at the simple method below:
Read Also: How to Fix Defer Upgrades in Windows 10
How to check for Updates in Windows 10
- On your Desktop Go to Settings> Update & Security.
- Click Windows Update in the left pane, click the Check for updates button.
- Then, Windows automatically starts downloading and installing available updates.
- If you experience problems installing any updates, you will get an error message below.
● Most likely due to internet connectivity problems. Click the Retry button when the internet connection will return.
● If the internet connection is correct and you are still facing this problem, please ensure that your Windows Defender is OFF. Windows Defender is located directly under Windows Update in the left panel. (See the picture that I have provided)
● If all of the above methods are unsuccessful, download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- You can restart your system immediately by pressing the Restart Now button or you can schedule it to a more convenient time. Make sure your system is ON at the scheduled time. Depending on the size of the update, the installation will take time. Read Also: How to Backup and Restore Device Drivers Windows 10
Hopefully the method above can help you on how to check for updates in Windows 10. If you have a problem, fill in the comments column that we have provided.