How to Fix HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10: HDMI is the standard audio and video cable interface used to transmit uncompressed video data and compressed and uncompressed (digital) audio data from HDMI-supported source devices to computer monitors, televisions, and video compatible projector. Through this HDMI cable, users can connect various components such as home theater settings that include a TV or projector, a disc player, or even a cable or satellite box. When there is a problem with the HDMI connection, you can do some troubleshooting yourself to fix things, which will fix the problem in most cases.
Many computer users report problems with the HDMI port. Some of the common problems most users encounter are not receiving images, the sound coming out of the device even when the cable is properly connected to the port, etc. Basically, the aim of HDMI is to easily connect various different components through this. generic HDMI connector where one cable is intended for audio and video. However, there is another additional HDMI function to implement ‘copy protection’ (also referred to as HDCP or HDCP 2.2 for 4K). This copy protection usually requires HDMI-connected components to be able to search and communicate with each other. This recognizes & then communicate feature is usually referred to as an HDMI handshake. If ‘handshake’ does not function properly at any time, HDCP encryption (embedded in the HDMI signal) becomes not recognized by one, or more connected components. This often causes when you can’t see anything on your TV screen.
Check your HDMI cable connection
- Try removing all of your HDMI cables from the input
- For 10 minutes, disconnect the power cable from the TV.
- Then, reinstall the TV in the power source and switch it off
- Now take the HDMI cable to your PC to connect.
- Turn on the PC.
Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooting
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click the Update & Security icon.
- From the left menu make sure to choose Troubleshoot.
- Now at the bottom of the Find and “fix other problems“, click “Hardware“
- Next, click Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions on the screen to repair the HDMI Port Not Functioning in Windows 10.
Reset Your Television to Factory Settings
There is an option to reset factory settings on your TV to get rid of HDMI port problems or such problems on machines running Windows 10. As soon as you run factory reset, all settings will return to factory defaults. You can reset the TV to factory settings using the ‘Menu‘ button from your remote. And once again check whether the HDMI Port problem does not work in Windows 10 resolved or not.
Update the Graph Driver for Windows 10
Updating Graph Drivers manually using Device Manager
- select and click Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open Device manager.
- Next, expand the Adapter display and right-click on your Graphic Card and select Activate.
- After you do this again right-click on your graphics card and select “Update Driver”.
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and let the process complete.
- If the steps above are very helpful in fixing the problem it is very good, if not then continue.
- Get right-click on your graphics card and select “Update Driver” but this time on the next screen select “Explore my computer for driver software.”
- the last step is, now choose “Let me choose from the list of drivers available on my device.”
- Finally, select and click the latest driver from the list and click Next.
- Leave the above process complete and restart your PC to save changes.
Follow the same steps for an integrated graphics card (which is Intel for that matter) to update the driver. See if you can Repair the Fix HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10 problems,