There are no sound headphones on Windows 10 or headphones not functioning which are caused by many problems? Maybe you got this problem after Windows 10 was upgraded or Windows was updated. So, if there is no audio or the headphones don’t work on Windows 10, you can try the solution How to fix Headphones not working on Windows 10 below.
Let Windows Automatically Update Your Audio Driver / Sound
- Right-click on your sound icon.
- Click on Sound and then go to the Playback tab.
- Select your Speaker / Headphone and click Properties.
- Then you will see Controller Information and the “Property” button, then click it.
- Click on Change Settings or Require Administrator permission.
- Open the Driver tab and select Update Driver.
- Let all downloads automatically.
- Finish! You can check your headphones now. This might Repair Headphones that don’t work on Windows 10,
Update Your Sound / Audio Driver Manually
1. Right-click on This PC or My Computer menu Then select Properties.
2. In the Properties window on the left, select “Device Manager.”
3. Under Voice, Video and Game Controllers, right-click on the highest Audio Device and select “Properties.”
4. Now go to the Driver tab in the High Definition Audio Device Properties and click “Update Driver.”
5. Then Select Browse my computer for software driver.
6. And select Let me choose from the list of device drivers on my computer.
7. Select the High Definition Audio Device, click Next, click Yes for a warning.
8. This must work at this point. then restart your computer and check the headphones. And done
Set Headphones as Default Device
- Search Control Panel then click.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Sound.
- Click Headphone and click Settings on the default button at the bottom.
Note: In some problems, there are no headphone options other than the Speaker / Headphone. If that is your case, select it and click Set the default button at the bottom.
- Then click OK. And done