Dynamic Lock is a cool feature that comes along with Creator Update which was released in April 2017 to improve system security. Dynamic Lock uses a Bluetooth connection between your mobile and your computer to automatically lock your PC when you (with your partner’s phone) are out of range. The computer will remain unlocked for 25 seconds after feeling you have left Bluetooth coverage, then your computer will be locked. However, Dynamic Lock will not unlock your PC when you return to range. To unlock a PC that is locked by a Dynamic Key, you must enter with a password, PIN, or Windows Hello. Below is a simple method about how to use dynamic lock in Windows 10.
Features of Dynamic Lock in Windows 10
- The PC remains unlocked until you exit the Bluetooth range of your mobile.
- Your PC still remains unlocked for 30 seconds after that.
- If someone jumps to your PC when it’s not locked, Dynamic Lock will not be involved at all.
- It’s free to use.
- You can unlock the computer with a passcode that is there after it is locked.
Pair your phone with a Windows 10 device
- On your keyboard Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click the Device icon.
- Then in the left menu select Bluetooth & another device. Also Read: How To Fix Change the IP Address in Windows 10
- Now in the right window pane, TURN ON or OFF the switch under the Bluetooth icon.
Note: Now at this point make sure to activate your cellphone’s Bluetooth too.
- Next, click the “+” button to add Bluetooth or another device.
- Then in the “Add device” command click on “Bluetooth“.
- Next, select your device from the list you want to attach to your device and click Connect.
- You will get a connection prompt on both of your devices (Windows 10 & Phone), just accept them to pair this device. and Done.
how to Activate & Use Dynamic Keys on a Windows 10 PC
set a Bluetooth connection between your phone and your computer, you only need to activate the Dynamic Key to use it. Follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Start button and then click Settings.
- Now click Account.
- Then click on the Enter option. And done.
If you have questions about how to use dynamic lock in Windows 10, you can ask the comment commander that we have provided. Also Read: How to Use Alarm in Windows 10