You can let your computer remember passwords in Microsoft Edge? so you don’t have to do it. But is it a good idea to let your computer software handle your password responsibilities? Is there no consideration of security or privacy that you have to do? In this article I will discuss about do and don from the password management functionality in Microsoft Edge to help you understand the possible pitfalls and common mistakes. Even though it’s used correctly, this feature can make your life a little easier. Let’s look at the steps below:
Recommended: How Do I Sync My Settings In Windows 10
How to Remember Passwords In Microsoft Edge
When you visit a website that you must enter. The Microsoft Edge browser will ask if you want your username and password to be remembered.
When you visit the same site again. Microsoft Edge will finish filling in the account info on your device. Password savings is ON by default, but this is a way to enable or disable it:
- First of all In the Microsoft Edge browser select three points (…) located at the top right of the browser.
- Then go to Settings >> See advanced settings.
- In See advanced settings, Under privacy and service, you will see the option “Offer to save passwords” and then activate if you want to remember the password on Microsoft Edge.
- Or Disable if you don’t want to remember the password in the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Edge also offers to manage your password by clicking “Manage my saved passwords” located right under “Offers to save passwords”. And done
Clean Passwords on Microsoft Edge
If you want to delete password history in the Microsoft edge browser you can do it. Follow the steps below:
- First open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Then select three points (…) at the top right of the browser.
- Open Settings >> select “Choose what to delete” under “Clear browsing data” then select a password.
I hope the above article about remember passwords in Microsoft Edge can help you. If you have questions, fill in the comments column that we provide