simple method of dealing with problems Sound not working windows 10
the most common problem in Windows 10 is no sound. So, if you experience this problem, rest assured, you are not alone. More importantly, this problem is usually quite easy to solve.
Here is a simple method of repair method that you can try. You don’t have to try everything. Start from and continue to try other methods if you have not succeeded.
Uninstall your audio driver
If your sound driver has been removed, damaged or becomes incompatible with Windows 10, you will not be able to hear any sound from your speaker. (This happens quite often after upgrading to Windows 10 from the previous Windows version.)
The simplest method to check whether this is happening is to uninstall your audio driver:
- Press on your keyboard, the Windows logo key and X (at the same time) to run the quick access menu.
- Click Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand Sound and video right-click on your sound card, and click Uninstall.
- If you are prompted to confirm uninstallation, check the Remove driver software for this device box and click OK.
- Restart your computer and check to see if the problem has been resolved? If not, proceed to the next method below.
Set Speaker as your default Playback device
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click the System icon on your device’s keyboard.
- From the left menu select Sound then click “Device properties” under your output device.
Note: Make sure the selected output device is like a Speaker (High Definition Audio).
- Then switch to the Advanced tab and change the Sound Format to one of the following options:
24bit / 44100 Hz
24bit / 192000Hz
- Click Apply then OK. Read Also: Help with User Account Control in Windows 10
Update Audio Driver
- On the keyboard press Windows Key + R then type ‘Devmgmt.msc’ and press enter to open Device Manager.
- Expand the Voice controller, video and game and right-click on your Audio Device then select Activate (If it is activated, skip this step).
- If your audio device has been activated then right-click on your Audio Device then select Driver Update Software.
- Now select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and let the process complete.
- If you cannot update your Audio driver, then choose try again by selecting Driver Update Software.
- Select “Explore my computer for driver software.”
- Then select and click “Let me choose the list of drivers available on my computer.”
- Select the latest driver from the list and click Next.
- Let the process complete and then restart your PC.
This article is about how to fix sound not working windows 10. If you experience difficulties, please write in the comments column. Hopefully this article can help you