Windows Firewall is also called Windows Defender Firewall, this can help prevent hackers or malware to gain access to your PC via the Internet or network. In order to successfully install or activate multiple applications, you may need to temporarily disable the Windows firewall. This guide will show you how turn windows defender firewall on windows 10.
How to turn on or turn off Windows Firewall Protection
- Open the Windows Defender Security Center application on your Windows.
You can quickly open it by clicking on the shield icon in the task bar on the top right.
- Then Click or tap the Firewall tile & network protection in the left bar. Select a network profile under Windows Firewall.
- Then Switch the Windows Firewall switch to On or Off for what you want to set and finish. If this method doesn’t work you can try the next method below: Read Also: How to Create Custom Desktop Shortcuts for Windows 10 Settings
Turn on or turn off the Windows Firewall in the Control Panel
It’s easy to turn Windows Firewall on or off via the Control Panel, follow the steps below:
- Go to Start, then type in the firewall, and press Enter.
- Then click or tap the Turn on or disable the Windows Firewall link on the left side.
- Select Turn on or turn off Windows Firewall for each network profile and complete. The next method below is how to disable Windows Defender.
Disable Windows Defender
- On your Desktop Open start and click the Windows logo in the lower left corner of the screen. The Start menu will appear and click.
- Then open Registry Editor. The Registry Editor program allows you to make changes to the core features of your Windows device. To open it, do the following:
● Type regedit.
● Click the regedit icon at the top of the Start menu on your Desktop.
● Click Yes when prompted, and Done.
- Go to the location of the Windows Defender folder. You will do this by expanding each of the required folders on the left side of Registry Editor:
● Open the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” folder double-click (skip this step if the folder has been expanded).
● Open the “SOFTWARE” folder.
● Scroll down and expand the “Policy” folder.
● Open the “Microsoft” folder.
● Click the “Windows Defender” folder.
- Right-click the “Windows Defender” folder. You will see a drop-down menu appear on your desktop.
● If your mouse does not have a right click button, click the right side of the mouse, or use two fingers to click the mouse simultaneously.
● If your computer uses a trackpad instead of a mouse, use two fingers to tap the trackpad or press the lower right side of the trackpad.
- Then Select New. That’s near the top of the drop-down menu. Selecting it will request a pop-out menu.
- Click DWORD (32bit) Value. This option is in the pop-out menu. Clicking on it will place a blue-and-white file in the “Windows Defender” window on the right side of the page.
- Open the DWORD “DisableAntiSpyware” file. Double-click to do it. A pop-up window will open. Read Also: How to Set Maximum Volume Limit in Windows 10
- Then Replace the “Value data” number with 1. This basically turns on the DWORD value.
- Click OK at the bottom of your Device Desktop window.
- Reactivate Windows Defender if needed. If you decide to reactivate Windows Defender later, do the following:
● Return to the Windows Defender folder in Registry Editor.
● Click once on the “Windows Defender” folder.
● Open the value “DisableAntiSpyware” double click.
● Change the “Data value” from 1 to 0.
● Then click OK, then restart your computer.
● Delete the value “DisableAntiSpyware” if you don’t want it to be available later, and it’s finished.