we will give you steps or methods to deal with USB Device Not Recognized in windows 10.
When you install a USB flash drive, an external USB hard drive, a USB keyboard, your USB Mouse to your Windows 10 computer a “Windows device is not recognized” an error window appears. When this happens, it usually means that the Windows system cannot identify the USB device model and name, so it cannot provide software or driver programs to support this device. So, if your USB device doesn’t work, you have to fix an unknown USB device problem to make it run correctly. When you plug in a USB flash drive, an external USB hard drive, a USB keyboard, USB Mouse to a Windows 10 computer, an error appears in the “USB device not recognized” windows.
When this happens, it usually means that the Windows system cannot identify the USB device model and name, so it cannot provide software or driver programs to support this device. So, if your USB device doesn’t work, you have to fix an unknown USB device problem to make it run correctly. below you can follow a simple method to overcome them.
Reset USB Root Hub Power Management
when you connect a USB device to a computer, then it is not recognized. So, you need to set it up again.
- Expand the Universal Series Bus controller, and find the USB Root Hub device.
- Right-click USB Root Hub, and select Properties.
Then, Windows will automatically install a compatible USB driver.
- In the USB Root Hub Properties window, select the Power Management tab.
- Turn off the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Return to the other USB Root Hub, cancel this option one by one.
Please remember, after you don’t check it to see if your USB flash drive or other device can be identified. If not, please try or select again.
Disable USB Selective Suspend Settings
- Type Power in the search box and select Power Options to enter the power options by controlling the panel quickly.
- In the power package that you are using, click Change package settings.
Here we can see this computer using a balanced power plan which is the recommended option.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
Of course, other options that are restored settings can help you keep all options as default.
- Then click USB settings to expand it, and then expand the USB selective suspension settings. And you will see the Most Stupid and Active Battery item.
- Click the OK button, and finish.
Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices
- Open Settings, press the Win + I> Update & Security button on your device’s keyboard.
- Click Troubleshooting> Hardware & Devices> Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait to detect the problem. Read Also: Touch Screen not Working in Windows 10
- Then click Apply this fix to restart your PC, and finish.
This article is about how USB Device Not Recognized in windows 10? This method is indeed rather complicated. If you experience difficulties, please write in the comments column. Hopefully this article can help you.