There are many useful methods available on the web that you can follow to repair windows 10 file explorer not responding explorer crashes and here we have listed some of the best solutions for resolving Windows explorer that have stopped working problems. follow the simple method below
Run as Administrator
I would advise you to do a System File to repair a damaged system file on your windows and then check whether this works to correct the problem.
- Press “Windows Key + C” to open the Charms Bar on the keyboard of your device.
- Then type “cmd” in the search box.
- In the left panel, right-click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Then type “sfc / scannow” Then press enter on your keyboard, and finish
Note: Maybe ask for a Windows installation DVD to repair and activate SFC to do more than minor repairs. Some files stored on your computer may be deleted when repairing damaged files.
Run the System File Checker to Repair Windows Explorer that Has Not Functioned
You can use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) which is the syntax that works in the command prompt to repair Windows explorer that doesn’t respond on your Windows 10. Basically, this syntax will scan all Windows operating system files and will replace all damaged, or incorrect files on your computer.
To run a file system checker tool to repair Windows 10 explorer.exe does not respond to the problem? You can follow the steps below:
- First, open a command prompt as an administrator by pressing the Windows key + X and selecting Command Prompt (Admin) from the list of options that appear on your desktop.
- After a command prompt with administrative rights is opened on your computer, you must type the following command line and press the Enter key:
- Then in the process of scanning the system it will take a long time so wait for the scan to be 100%. See Also: How to fix Headphones not working on Windows 10
- Run this command three times on your Windows 10 computer and it will fix all damaged files available on your system.
Disable Quick Access to Repair Windows Explorer
- First, open the Start menu and then type the folder options. From the search results, then open File Explorer Options.
- Then click the General tab from the File Explorer Options window and wait until it opens.
- In front of the Open File Explorer section to :, select this PC option and then click the OK button. See Also: Power and Sleep Settings in Windows 10
- After carrying out the steps mentioned above, Quick Access will be disabled on your Windows 10 computer. And once Quick Access is disabled successfully, you will see that Windows 10 explorer is not responding or Windows explorer makes the problem crash again? Restart your computer.
This article is about how windows 10 file explorer not responding? This method is indeed rather complicated. If you experience difficulties, please write in the comments column. Hopefully this article can help you